Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HillaryCare: Part Deux

Here are a few details on Hillary's new universal health care plan. My first problem is with "requiring" people to be insured. What will happen to those who don't want insurance? One thing that most Americans have in common is that they don't want to be forced to do anything.

I think that it is blatantly obvious that our country cannot afford universal health care and that her proposed budget for it cannot work. I would rather hear her detailed plan on saving Social Security, before she adds to the benefits of being American. I am very sympathetic to those who are uninsured, especially those who really need coverage. I have been without health care with Type 1 diabetes, it is not easy. Sacrifices and changes must be made, but I would not ask for everyone else to pay for my problems. There are entirely too many people who do not want to pay for the rest of the country's health care. If Hillary is elected, this plan will implode. So keep on researching, maybe in 15 more years she will have the right answer.

No comments: